Monday, May 20, 2013

My Kind of Market


For the past three days I have walked, talked and shopped almost non-stop.  I was able to attend the 2013 Spring International  Quilt Market in Portland OR. I even met one of my favorite art quilters (Gloria Loughman) and managed to wiggle my in to a sold out class of hers (thank you to the person who did not show up that morning!)

Gloria's work is beautiful and she is a joy as well.  Her new book Radiant Landscapes is selling like crazy at our shop (perhaps helped along by my crazed look as I hold the book out to customers saying "have you SEEN this?"

I'm looking forward to teaching a class from her book at the end of this month, and now I'll even have some further tips and tricks from Gloria herself to share.

I met a lot of wonderful people while wandering the aisles at market, and saw some new fun products that I've purchases and will be sure to write about as I explore with them.

My final picture is from Saturday night.  E.E. Schenk hosted a party at their wearhouse--complete with music, food, wine and the opportunity to wander (and shop of course) from their massive facility.  If you can, imagine placing a couple of Costco buildings together and filling it full of notions, books, patterns, fabric, thread, trimmings.....you get the idea.
What an experience!

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

Wow, what fun you had. Wouldn't it have been great if we'd been able to meet in Portland ? I was there the previous week!
I love your enthusiasm! Await your purchases and found tips!